




Last night we had our friends May and J over for dinner. Mark decided that he wanted to make a 5 course meal, and that all five courses would be things that he never made before! So here's how it went (p.s. I apologize in advance for not taking pictures of everything. I just got really into the food and forgot :( )
We started at 11 am with the farmers market where we picked up veggies, fruits, eggs, and cheese. Then we stopped at three different grocery stores to get the rest of the ingredients which included cornish hens, creme fraiche and ground elk. We started preparing the food around 3pm and kept working until well into the meal. Oh and it ended up being 6 courses.
1. Bread, cheese, and raspberry plate with olive oil/ vinegar dip.
2. Vegetable and elk consomme
3. Crab salad in sweet sesame cones
4. Arugula, cucumber, goat cheese salad
5. Maple glazed cornish hens and rice pilaf with a reduced whisky and mushroom sauce
6. Chocolate sponge cake with almond chocolate sauce and strawberry creme fraiche ice cream
phew. I'm still full.

No comments:
Post a Comment