So after the wonderful Jeni's Ice Cream mom and I headed back to St.C. We have a tradition of renting movies when I get back and watching them together. So Saturday night was spent watching Juno.
Sunday I went to church and saw so many people that I have not seen in years. I also got to visit for a bit with my neighbor lady who has become a great grandmother many times over and still looks exactly how she did when I was a little girl. The whole day was relaxing. I had my favorite deer meat dinner, watched lots of HGTV, watched Children of Men with my dad, and hung out with my family. I also got to help build a fire that night for a hot dog roast.
On monday my brother and sister in law came down from Youngstown. We all went and gawked at my brothers awesome house that he is building. Then my mom, sister in law, and I headed for a new outlet mall 45 minutes away. I had never been to an outlet mall so it was pretty exciting and I picked up a couple of really cheap shirts. We had a delicious bbq chicken dinner when we got back complete with macaroni salad and strawberry rhubarb pie. We also had an extra treat of wax on snow. For those of you who don't know what this is let me explain. In the winter you gather snow that has chrystalized, it's the snow that has been there for a while. Then you pack it in a pan and freeze it. In the summer you boil down maple syrup (the real stuff) until it is a nice thick consistency. You drizzle the syrup onto the snow and it hardens that caramel and is the best summer treat.
Tuesday I headed back to Columbus and then back home. I have to admit that I was starting to miss L.A., Mark mostly but the cats too and my familiar routine. Mark surprised me with a super clean and reorganized apartment and we spent the rest of the night catching up.

No comments:
Post a Comment