Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ohio Is Where My Heart Is - Part 1







This past weekend I flew back to Ohio to see family and friends. I spent the first two days in Columbus and the last two days in St.Clairsville. My first stop was German Village which is where my two bestest girl friends live. This was also one of the first places that I went to in Columbus and decided when I was about 15 that I would one day live there. So I am living vicariously through Sara and Tasha who both live there now. They both have adorable apartments with YARDS. Don't get me wrong, I love my fire escape but I'm a little jealous of the yards. Thursday night we went to Surly Girl for dinner. Then we headed back to Sara's for desert and her homemade fruit infused vodka.

On friday the three of us went to a huge Goodwill for some new clothes and housewares. Sifting through the fantastic selection of decorating goodies I starting wondering why we ever shop at regular stores when there are these wonderful landfills. We then decided to get lunch at Cream O Nut Factory. This is a hidden treasure in Columbus where they sell there own natural peanut butters and nut mixes. They also make the best PB&J sandwiches and milk shakes. We took our lunch to Goodale park and after eating, swinging, and admiring the huge water lillies we headed to the Short North. We window shopped through all the cute boutiques gathering inspiration. Then we headed to Tasha's house to play with her two corgi's and watch some cable. We had a lovely asian stir fry dinner at Sara's and watched the corgi's scare away the cats.

Saturday morning was spent at the Clintonville Farmers Market picking up some fresh produce. My mother came later in the afternoon and we headed back to the Short North to look around and get Jeni's ice cream. Quite possibly the best ice cream in the world. After fattening up we headed toward St.C.... to be continued.

No comments: