Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Umbrella



I was slightly heart broken when I realized that I left my vintage umbrella in Santa Barbara during our Valentines Trip. The umbrella was my inspiration for the colors in our bedroom and it's one of my favorite thrift store finds, never mind that it is slightly banged up. It reminds me of thrifting with Sara and living in Columbus.

I called the bakery where I left it and asked them to hold it. The girl on the other end politely asked if it was the "broken" umbrella that I had left. "errr... ummm... yea that's the one". But alas, Mark and I never made the journey there.

May and J. headed back towards Santa Barbara for their two year anniversary (Congrats!) and picked up my umbrella. How thoughtful!!! I almost cried when May pulled it out. And look at this sweet note the girl left on it. I'm sending her a thank you card too.

1 comment:

SaraBear said...

Oh! I'm glad you got it back! I miss seeing that umbrella in the living room...