Sunday, May 31, 2009

Los Angeles Library







After living here for almost two years I finally got my library card. I took advantage of it Saturday and headed to the main branch downtown. I went a little crazy and got a large stack of books that will take months to read through. I also found this little gem called Betty Crocker's Guide to Easy Entertaining: How to Have Guests and Enjoy Them. It was written in 1959 and is filled with lovely illustrations, yummy recipes, and semi-sexist comments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the library! I get literally dozens of books out weekly while I'm schooling. I've taken a brief break and returned my last book last week. It won't be long and I'll have my reserved SHELF (yes, the librarians literally have a shelf labeled with my name!) FULL of books waiting for me to pick up. :) :)


Glad to know you've found the treasure of your local library.

~Roie

Evie said...

I love that fountain! Also the illustrations in that Betty Crocker book look excellent.