Monday, March 30, 2009

Bacon & Pancakes






There seems to be something magical in creating a house full of the smell of bacon and pancakes. My mother use to create this magic every weekend and it's so strange that now I'm the one behind the scent.

Ali and Levi arrived late Friday night. We slept in and ate our hearty breakfast. Mark headed to school and we spent the day in the warm weather walking around. We caught "Sunshine Cleaning" at the Vista, a historical theatre down the street. Once Mark got home we went out for Italian and did some baby shopping for Ali's baby boy, due in August.

p.s. I've tried quite a few pancake recipes but none have been as good as my mothers so I thought I'de share:

2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder
2 Tblsp sugar
1 egg
2 Tblsp vegetable oil

Blend together and add milk as needed, usually somewhere between 2 and 3 cups. Heat a flat pan with a little oil and add batter once the surface is hot. Wait until bubbles have formed on all areas of the top then flip.

No comments: