




My friend May celebrated her birthday last weekend. She planned an amazing and ambitious party so to help out I hung paper lanterns and made LOTS of cupcakes. I whipped up red velvet, carrot cake, and vanilla batter to be randomly paired with cream cheese, vanilla, and chocolate frosting. Then I made tiny little flags for each mini cake so you could choose the one you were craving. I've never been a fan of biting into something and having no idea what it will taste like.
The party was a huge success. There was a DJ, dancing, mingling, and more food and beverage than an army could finish. I think it has inspired me to actually throw a birthday party this year :) Oh and if anyone has a traditional red velvet recipe that doesn't include any dye to turn the cupcakes red please please send it my way.

No comments:
Post a Comment