




I've noticed in the last few years that my generation has a habit of naming their house/apartment. At first I thought that it was a Columbus thing but I soon realized after moving to L.A. that it spans the country. Mark came up with ours, Tiny Little House and he helped name Andrea and Darren's new place
'The Compound" (because there are separate buildings and levels). So now that I've explained that lets get to the crafting...
I deeply greatly miss my crafting friends back in Ohio and was thrilled when Andrea showed interest in starting a craft night. We haven't actually started it but this weekend we did a preliminary craft day where we tested out some sewing. Mark got involved by cooking us dinner: grilled chicken, mashed potatoes, asparagus, and mushrooms. I made a hat out of a vintage pattern but it didn't turn out quite right (it needs a little tweaking) and Andrea started a dress but then decided that it wasn't what she had in mind.
The important part is that we had a peaceful lovely day up in her sewing room and house on the hill. And if I ever figure out how to upload a video I will show you our dance off dinner.

No comments:
Post a Comment