Monday, June 23, 2008

Snail Mail





The art of writing letters is said to be long gone but I believe that there is just something about giving and receiving a sweet little surprise in the mail box that no amount of e-mails or text messeges can replace. My friend Ali and I use to write back and forth when we were in high school since she lived a few counties away. We have recently re-connected and are continuing with our thoughtful letters. Writing letters again has rejuvenated my love for stationary. Ali recently sent me the above letter with the stitched in paper and hand made card. I bought some vintage stationary and jazzed up the most recent outgoing envelope with a little patch of fabric glued onto the back. I encourage everyone to take a few minutes to jot a note to a dear friend or relative and send it snail mail. It is sure to put a smile on their face, even if it's on scrap paper.

No comments: